- Privacy Statement
Due to the nature of the services we provide it is generally impractical for us to deal with you without knowing your name and your contact details. However, where it is practical for us to do so, we shall provide you with the option to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym.
- Collecting personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. We store a range of personal information that is provided as a part of our business and through the use of our products and services. This information is collected from a wide variety of sources including:
- through the Nexgen website <http://www.nexgenplants.com/> (Site);
- from you accessing Nexgen, conducting business or intending to conduct business with us, whether past, present or future;
- by otherwise having some form of contact with us such as by mail, telephone, email, internet, or use of Nexgen; and/or
- through any of our other business activities, promotions or events.
Personal information collected by us may include:
- your name, gender or age;
- your contact details such as your mobile number, telephone number and email address;
- your business address;
- all logs, which may include information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, clickstream data, referring URLs, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on any pages of our Site or Nexgen and other log related information relating to your use of our Site or Nexgen.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about you where it is reasonably required.
- Use of personal information
We automatically gather information to monitor the use of our Site. Much of the data we collect is aggregated and this information is effectively anonymous to us.In general we use personal information for providing, evaluating, improving, personalising and developing our business, our Site and the products and services that we may offer from time to time. More specifically we use personal information for:
- establishing and maintaining your relationship with us;
- providing educational information and materials to you;
- to answer your inquiries and provide you support;
- improving user satisfaction;
- promoting and marketing our services to you (each person may opt-out of direct marketing and sales communications);
- our internal research and statistical purposes; and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you (each person may opt-out of our information sharing communications).
- Direct Marketing
As set out above, we may use your personal information for the purposes of directly marketing our products and services to you. By using Nexgen you consent to the collection and use of your personal information for such purposes.If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you can easily opt-out of receiving such communications by following the directions for unsubscribing in the communications that you have received from us.
- Disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your personal consent.Aside from the above, we will only disclose personal information as legally required – either upon valid court order, as required under the Privacy Act, or where compelled by a law enforcement or governmental agency.
- Protecting your personal information
- Steps we take
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect personal information include:
- adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information;
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by our staff;
- reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices; and
- such other security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate from time to time.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to protect all personal information we collect and hold, please be aware that we unfortunately cannot guarantee its complete security and will not be responsible where it is obtained by illegal third party actions.
- Deleting your personal information
When personal information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the personal information in a confidential manner.
- Steps we take
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our products and services.
- Web beacons
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies.Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail).Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns.Like many sites, we use web beacons to collect information which is done in accordance with this policy.
- Overseas disclosure
- Storing data
We store all personal information that we collect on cloud servers that are located in various locations throughout the world. We store information in multiple locations for both security and resiliency purposes. Please note that these servers may be hosted in jurisdictions outside of Australia.
- Disclosure for analytics
- Consent to overseas disclosure
Other than as contemplated in this clause 8, we will only disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient if:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, other applicable law or a court/tribunal order.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure such overseas recipients do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) or are subject to laws or a scheme substantially similar to the APP’s.
- Storing data
- Third parties
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless:
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
- Request for Access
You will have the option through your Nexgen account to access your personal information supplied to us. You will also be provided with the ability to delete your personal information by way of cancelling or terminating your Nexgen member account.If you are unable to access any specific personal information you believe we have collected you must contact us in writing making such a request. You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of your request, we will contact you and either provide you with the information you have sought, or return to you with an explanation detailing why we will not provide you with the information.
- Amending your personal information
You will have the option through your Nexgen account to amend and update your personal information supplied to us.If for some reason you are unable to amend personal information that we hold through your Nexgen account, please contact us to request the amendment. You may contact us via email at email@example.com. If we elect not to correct your information, we will notify you, within a reasonable time, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the Privacy Act.If you wish to have your personal information deleted and cannot do so through your Nexgen account, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- Access to Personal Information
We strive to ensure our compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices against it.If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding our Policy, including a breach of the Privacy Act, we invite you to make a complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavour to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution to the issue raised.Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time. Any variations made will be updated on our website. It is your responsibility to check our Policy periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it.
- Further information
For any further information about this Policy please contact us.